Would it be wonderful if you can take the luxurious comfort of your home on your outdoor adventures? That’s exactly what you can do if you use a Cardinal RV. In this Forest River Cardinal RV review, I’ll list all its features and specs so you can know if it’s the right RV for you.
The Forest Cardinal RV is a brand of fifth wheels that are known for their luxurious amenities. These RVs exude luxury and comfort inside and out. From their gel-coated high gloss exteriors and LED lightings to their comfortable and luxurious interior appointments, they can be your home away from home.
Cardinal travel trailers are solidly built, easy to tow and set up, and very comfortable to live in. Owners have been able to tow them as far as 5,000 miles across several states. These RVs provide them residential comforts while they are enjoying the outdoors.
Read on to learn more about the Forest River Cardinal RV, its features and specs, and things you need to know to determine if it will really satisfy your requirements.
About the Forest River Cardinal RV
Top-of-the-line Travel Trailers
The best description of Forest River Cardinal RVs is that they are top-of-the-line and luxurious travel trailers that you can depend on for your outdoor adventures. They come fully packed with all the comforts you are used to enjoying in your home.
Cardinal RV Features
For example, a typical Cardinal RV will have the following:
- A gel-coated high gloss exterior,
- Crown moldings,
- Double door refrigerator,
- LED lighting, and
- A powerful air conditioner and heater.
Inside and out, these RVs are packed with luxurious appointments. They are the most luxurious RVs that Forest River has ever made.
Easy to Tow and Set Up
These RVs are not just easy to tow, and they are also straightforward to set up. Some owners have traveled with their Cardinal trailers for 5,000 miles across several states. They have also lived in them without so much trouble.
Forest River Manufactures RVs
The manufacturer of the Forest Cardinal RV is Forest River, a long-standing company that builds recreational vehicles:
- Class A and C motorhomes,
- Toy haulers,
- Fifth wheels, and the like.
Classes of Cardinal Travel Trailers
They are actually manufacturing two classes of Cardinal travel trailers.
These two classes of Cardinal RVs are the Cardinal Ultimate and the Cardinal Luxury. Both Ultimate and Cardinal have their own floor plans, 6 for each class. The main difference between these two classes of RV is that the Luxury models have more luxurious appointments than the Ultimate floorplans.
Peter Liegl founded Forest River Inc. in 1996. He wanted to build RVs to help people enjoy the experience of the outdoors through better RVs. His company has now grown to be one of the top builders of recreational vehicles in North America.
In 2005, Berkshire Hathaway acquired Forest River, a company also known for building top-quality travel trailers and motorhomes.
Key Features of the Forest River Cardinal RV
As a luxurious brand of RVs, you can expect the Forest River Cardinal RV to have top-of-the-line features. Some of these features deserve more attention. Here are the notable features of this RV brand:
1. Solid Construction
Every Cardinal RV is built solidly using components of high quality. These parts include the welded aluminum frame and the vacuum-bonded fiberglass walls, which are also gel coated. The Z-frame design of these RVs also allows the addition of storage spaces in the front pass-through compartment.
2. Bigger and Better
All fifth wheels made by Cardinal RV are larger and offer more space than their nearest rivals. Some Cardinal RVs have five slides with a body that is 100 inches wide. So, you will have more room for people and amenities. Up to seven persons can live in a Cardinal RV with enough elbow room for each.
3. Luxury Throughout
Residential comforts, sophisticated designs, and luxurious amenities are the things you will experience in a Cardinal RV. All the amenities you will find in these fifth wheels are high quality. They will keep you comfortable and relaxed while you are undertaking your outdoor adventures.
4. Functional Floor Plans
Cardinal RV floor plans range from 3 to 7 slides outs giving you more living spaces than any other RV in the market. You can choose from several floor plan design options:
- A rear den,
- Cozy front living,
- A classic rear living, or
- Added basement storage.
5. Chef-style Kitchen
The Cardinal RV brand offers a chef-style kitchen with all the usual appliances you will find in an upscale home. It comes with:
- A big residential inverter refrigerator,
- Solid surface countertops with glass tile backsplashes,
- Convection microwave,
- 3-burner high output cooking range with 22-inch oven,
- Stainless steel appliances, and
- Tons of storage spaces behind raised hardwood panel doors.
6. Relaxing Living Room
Every Cardinal RV comes with a living room where you can entertain family and friends. Sit in comfort and style in the residential seating with plush leather upholstery. There are large windows throughout, allowing you to feast on the outdoor sites while you’re inside the trailer.
A fireplace, a large Smart TV complete with a top-quality soundbar will give you the right mood each time you spend some relaxing time indoors in this RV.
7. Restful Bedroom
The master bedroom in a Cardinal RV will provide you restful sleep every night on your outdoor adventures. There is a king-size bed complete with a premium mattress where you can recharge your body after a hiking day in the forest.
Standard Features of the Forest River Cardinal RV
There are two Forest River Cardinal RVs classes, and they both have a long list of standard features. So, to give you an idea of the luxurious appointments of this RV class, I will now list the standard features of the Forest River Cardinal Limited:
- “Z” frame design using 12-inch I-beam with 10-inch I-beam drop
- LCI Next Generation Frame Technology, “Z” frame design and powder coated
- Dicor PVC roof membrane with lifetime warranty
- 5-inch Arched roof rafters 14-inch on center with radiant foil and two layers of batten insulation (Extended Seasons PKG)
- Dual-roof vents for breathable attic
- 2-inch vacuum bonded sidewalls, aluminum framed with high density block foam insulation (Extended Seasons PKG)
- 2-inch laminated aluminum framed front wall anchors sidewalls for increased strength
- 5/8-inch tongue and groove plywood main floors with batten insulation and radiant foil (Essentials PKG)
- Slide box has a 2-inch Laminated aluminum framed sidewalls and roof with 1-inch wood flooring
- Bath/Bedroom Floors have welded aluminum frame with 5/8-inch tongue and groove plywood floors
- EGS backing strips to anchor interior cabinets
- Underbelly armor for rigid protection from road debris; comes in 4 feet sections for easy access to the underbelly
- One piece molded front cap with radiant foil and batten insulation
- Seamless roto-cast holding tanks
- 12V tank heat pads with underbelly forced air heat and radiant foil insulation (Extended Seasons PKG)
- Full pass-through front storage with forced air heat (Extended Seasons PKG)
2. Easy Set-Up Features
- Hitch Light
- Battery disconnect located in main storage compartment
- Main 12V power awning with L.E.D. light strip
- Second 12V power awning with L.E.D. light strip (except for 379FLLE and 403FKLE)
- External LP quick connect
- Heated exterior water and convenience center
- Water heater bypass
- Outside shower with quick connect hose
- Easy winterization kit
- Power tank fill
- Black tank flush
- Cable and Sat
- Coax hookups and enclosed low point drains
- 72 inches x 80 inches King Beds (Essentials PKG)
- Renovo Sleep systems mattress
- Decorative LED lit headboard
- Under bed storage
- Dresser with three large drawers
- Two 110v bed side power outlets
- Two reading lights with individual controls
- True walk in closet design
- Prepped for stackable washer and dryer with separate 20 AMP circuits (Essentials PKG)
4. Living Area Features
- 35,000 BTU furnace (Extended Seasons PKG)
- 15,000 BTU main A/C and Bedroom A/C (Extended Seasons PKG)
- Electric Fireplace (Extended Seasons PKG)
- Ceiling Fan (cardinal Limited PKG)
- Thomas Payne Collection theatre seats (Essentials Camping PKG)
- Thomas Payne Collection tri fold hide-a-bed sofa
- Night Roller Shades (Limited PKG)
- End Tables with 110v outlets & 2.0 USB ports
- Decorative hard wood slide room fascia
- Black metal exit assist handle
- LP leak detector
- Carbon monoxide detector
- 60 Amp converter with Charge Wizard
5. Kitchen Features
- Single bowl farm style black stainless-steel sink (Cardinal Limited PKG)
- High rise, pull out, bullet kitchen faucet
- Solid surface counter tops (Essentials Camping PKG)
- 2-in-1 22-inch oven/range with L.E.D. knob indicators (Cardinal Limited PKG)
- 30-inch over-the-range microwave vented to exterior
- 17 cubic feet Refrigerator
- Free standing dinette and four (4) chairs with flip up storage/ Optional Booth dinette (Cardinal Limited PKG)
- Residential size pantry (Most Models)
- Residential contemporary cabinet hardware and accents
- Decorative glass cabinet doors
- Hidden hinges (Cardinal Limited PKG)
- Full extension drawer guides
- Decorative Lighting above island
- Power vent fan
- 48 inches x 30 inches shower with integrated seat
- Shower skylight
- 3 sliding glass shower door
- Porcelain toilet with foot flush
- Towel bar
- Power roof vent
- Heat and A/C duct
- 10 Gallon dsi gas/electric water heater (Extended Seasons PKG)
7. Exterior Features
- Premium bright white fiberglass exterior
- Front Cap has painted high gloss gel coat fiberglass with amber L.E.D. running lights
- Auto Leveling, 6 Points
- Extra-large 3-inch X 76-inch entry door with friction hinge (Essentials PKG)
- XL folding entry assist handle
- Rear Roof ladder
- Large drop-frame pass-through storage compartment with forced air heat and L.E.D. strip lighting
- L.E.D. light package has entry step, front cap and entry door
- Winegard 360+ (AM/FM, TV Antenna w/ 4G & Wi-Fi extender prep) (Essentials Camping PKG)
- Two vented battery prep boxes
- LCI Solid Step (Essentials Camping PKG)
- Slam Latch compartment doors
- Waste Hose storage compartment
- 1.5-inch Aluminum belt rail with caps (no exposed screws)
- Dual 30 pounds propane bottles with auto switch over
- 2-inch Accessory Receiver (Essentials PKG)
- Marine grade exterior speakers
- Solar prep (Essentials Camping PKG)
8. Towing Features
- 7000 pounds easy lube axles (Essentials Camping PKG)
- G – range tires (Limited PKG)
- 16-inch 8-lug aluminum wheels
- Undermount spare tire and carrier
- Extended turn front cap with hitch vision L.E.D. light strip
- L.E.D. tail lights with back-up lights
- 21K Rhino pin box (Cardinal Limited PKG)
- Prepped for rear camera (Essentials Camping PKG)
- 18 cubic feet norcold 4 door gas/electric refrigerator
- Slide out awnings (3,4,5)
- Suburban Gas Griddle with mounting bracket (Models without Outside Kitchen)
- Winegard Wi-fi / 4G router
Again, what does the Forest Cardinal RV offer? The Forest Cardinal RV offers luxurious amenities to give you comfort and luxury. These luxuries include gel-coated high gloss exteriors, LED lightings, and interior appointments.
Specs of the Forest River Cardinal RV
Here are two tables that will show you the specs of the Forest River Cardinal Limited floorplans and the Forest River Cardinal Luxury floorplans. The Cardinal Limited is available in 6 floorplans, namely:
1. Cardinal Limited
|Ext. Length||42 ft. 5 in.||41 ft. 4 in.||42 ft. 6 in.||42 ft. 1 in.||43 ft. 5 in.||42 ft. 1 in.|
|Ext. Height||13 ft. 3 in.||13 ft. 3 in.||13 ft. 3 in.||13 ft. 3 in.||13 ft. 3 in.||13 ft. 3 in.|
|Ext. Width||96 in.||96 in.||96 in.||96 in.||96 in.||96 in.|
|Hitch Weight, lbs.||2,360||2,330||2,160||2,030||2,015||2,265|
|Fresh Water, gal.||64||64||64||64||64||64|
|Black Water, gal.||58||58||58||58||58||58|
|Gray Water, gal.||76||76||76||76||76||76|
|Awning Size, feet||11feet and 4 inches||17||18||20||15||20|
2. Cardinal Luxury
The Cardinal Limited is available in 6 floorplans, namely:
|Ext. Length||TBD||TBD||42 ft. 7 in.||43 ft. 3 in.||37 ft.||42 ft.|
|Ext. Height||TBD||TBD||13 ft. 3 in.||13 ft. 3 in.||13 ft. 3 in.||13 ft. 3 in.|
|Ext. Width||TBD||TBD||96 in.||96 in.||96 in.||96 in.|
|Hitch Weight, lbs.||TBD||TBD||2,246||2,315||2,370||2,410|
|Fresh Water, gal.||TBD||TBD||64||64||64||64|
|Black Water, gal.||TBD||TBD||79||79||29||38|
|Gray Water, gal.||TBD||TBD||79||67||76||76|
|Awning Size, feet||11feet and 12 inches||13 feet and 14 inches||14 feet and 14 inches||11 feet and 17 inches||11 feet and 12 inches||11 feet and 17 inches|
Conclusion: Forest River Cardinal RV
Well-known for its luxurious amenities, the Forest Cardinal RV is a brand of fifth wheels that come fully packed with all the residential comforts you will need for your outdoor adventures.
From their gel-coated high gloss exteriors, LED lightings, and double-door refrigerators, to their top-quality interior appointments, these fifth wheels can be your home away from home.
If you want to take the luxurious comfort of your home in your outdoor adventures, the Cardinal RV is certainly worth your consideration.