Value, luxury, and towability are the three things you need to look for in a fifth wheel. You can get all these qualities in a Reflection RV. In this Grand Design Reflection Fifth Wheel review, I’ll list all its features and specs that will help you see if it is the RV for you.
The Grand Design Reflection fifth wheels are built to exceed customers’ expectations in terms of quality and service. Their overall quality is comparable to other much more expensive RVs built by other brands. The Reflection is one of the top-selling RV brands in North America.
This model lineup of fifth wheels consists of several floor plans. Every floor plan in the Reflection series has a layout that is ideal for weekends and even for longer trips because the living layout at the rear is comfortable and spacious.
Read on to learn more about the Grand Design Reflection Fifth Wheel, its features and specs, and everything you need to know to determine if it is the fifth wheel you are looking for.
About the Grand Design Reflection Fifth Wheel
Grand Design Builds Fifth Wheels That Exceeds Customer’s Expectations
The Reflection fifth wheel is a great package because it combines value, towability, and luxury, three things you need in a recreational vehicle if it is fully functional. This RV model lineup results from the commitment of Grand Design to build fifth wheels that exceed customer’s expectations in quality and service.
Quality Rivals That of More Expensive Brands
The quality of every Reflection fifth wheel rivals that of other much higher-priced brands. This fifth wheel model lineup consists of several floorplans. The layout of each floor plan is ideal not only for weekend outdoor adventures but also for longer wilderness trips.
Every Reflection fifth wheel has a living area layout at the rear, which is spacious and comfortable.
9 Different Floor Plans
The Grand Design Reflection fifth wheels are available in 9 different floor plans, namely:
- Reflection 28 BH
- Reflection 31 MB
- Reflection 310 RLS
- Reflection 303 RLS
- Reflection 311 BHS
- Reflection 320 MKS
- Reflection 337 RLS
- Reflection 341 RDS
- Reflection 367 BHS.
Grand Design RV Company
Grand Design RV Company made the Reflection fifth wheels in its more than 400,000 square feet manufacturing plant in Middlebury, Indiana, a rural community. Its mother company is Winnebago Industries, a well-known manufacturer of motorhomes in the United States.
Winnebago acquired the Grand Design Company in 2016 for approximately $500 million. So, it is now operating as a division of Winnebago while still building RVs in its original facilities in Indiana.
Key Features of the Grand Design Reflection Fifth Wheel
The Reflection fifth wheels became popular among RV buyers because of their long list of attractive features. But some of these features stand out among the rest. Here are those features:
1. Luxurious Appointments
Luxurious comfort is perhaps one of the best features of any Reflection fifth wheel. And it comes at an affordable price if compared with other fifth wheels of its class. Some of its luxurious features include a gourmet kitchen, the Artic 4 Seasons package that allows you to camp out any season of the year and many more.
2. Ductless Flooring
The Reflection 5th wheel features ductless flooring where there is no chance for debris and dust to accumulate since the floor has no vent covers.
3. Great Entertainment
Upon entering a Reflection unit, you will be greeted on your left by a U-shaped lounge. There is also a 78-inch theater seating fronting the entertainment center, which is very convenient.
4. Gourmet Kitchen
Every Reflection fifth wheel is equipped with a gourmet kitchen. Here you will enjoy the use of:
- Solid surface countertops,
- Flip-up countertop extension,
- High rise faucet with pull down sprayer, and
- Under-mount stainless steel sink.
You will prepare your meals in its three-burner cooktop and extend the viability of your food in its big 12 cubic feet refrigerator.
5. Spacious Bedroom
The bedroom of a Reflection fifth wheel is located at the front. It is private, has a full wall wardrobe, a queen bed with a dresser. There is a space prepped for an additional TV and a space prepped for a washer and a dryer.
6. Full Bathroom
Every Reflection fifth wheel also comes with a full bathroom. It is equipped with a fiberglass shower that measures 30 inches by 48 inches. There is a skylight above to provide you with natural lighting as you freshen up.
7. Other Notable Features
- Aluminum Entry Steps: Easy to open and resistant to corrosion
- Split Baggage Doors
- One-Touch Auto Leveling
- LED Lighting: Motion sensors in critical areas; it won’t be hard for you to find light switches through the dark.
- Pass Through Storage: Storage area without any obstructions, complete with magnetic catches and slam latch baggage doors.
Again, what do the Grand Design Reflection fifth wheels offer? In terms of quality and service, the Grand Design Reflection fifth wheels exceed their customer’s expectations. Moreover, these fifth wheels’ built are comparable to more expensive brands. And this is why Reflection is among the top-selling RV brands.
Standard Features of the Grand Design Reflection Fifth Wheel
You will see that the Grand Design Reflection Fifth Wheel is worth every penny if you look at its long list of standard features. As an example, here are the standard features of the 2021 Reflection 310 RLS. I have segregated them into separate sections so you will be able to appreciate them more:
- Laminated Aluminum Framed Side Walls (R-9)
- Laminated Aluminum Framed Rear Wall (R-9)
- Laminated Aluminum Framed Roof and End Walls in Slide Rooms (R-9)
- Aluminum Framed Main Floor (R-30)
- Residential Wood Framed Roof (R-40)
- One-Piece TPO Roof Membrane
- Walk On Roof Decking
- High Gloss Gel Coat Exterior Sidewalls
- Fiberglass and Radiant Foil Roof and Front Cap Insulation
- Residential 5-inch Truss Rafters (16-inch O.C.)
- Easy Access Low Point Drain Valves
- Ductless Flooring in the Living Area
- Premium Congoleum Flooring
- Residential Style Window Treatment
- Residential Cabinet Doors
- Tri-Fold Hide-A-Bed Sofa (in some floorplans)
- Louvered Tread Steps to Bedroom
- Large Panoramic Slide Room Windows
- Roller Shade Window Covering
- LED Lighting Throughout with Motion Sensors (in Critical Areas)
- Pre-drilled and Screwed Cabinetry
- Solid Core Cabinet Stiles
- Solid Hardwood Drawer Fronts
- Ball Bearing Full Extension Drawer Glides
- 60-inch x 80-inch Mattress with Residential Bedspread
- Oversize Underbed Storage
- Bedroom Heat Registers
- King Size Wardrobe
- Closeable A/C Vents
- Cable/SAT Prep
- Spacious Shower with Glass Door
- Heat Duct and A/C Vents in Bathroom
- Skylight Over Shower, Wide View
- Power Vent Fan
- Big Medicine Cabinet with Mirror
- Extra Large Lav Top with Stainless Steel Sink
- Deep Seated Stainless Steel Sink
- Deep, Undermount Kitchen Sink
- Raised Hardwood Panel Refrigerator Fronts
- Hardwood Galley Slide Trim Moldings and End Caps
- 30-inch Radius Entry Door
- 80% Tint Radius Safety Glass Windows
- Rubberized Suspension Equalizer
- Aerodynamic Front Cap with Max Turn Radius
- Factory Installed Roof Ladder
- Aluminum Wheels with E-Rated Tires
- LED “Night Lights” Under Bedroom Slide
- Marine Grade LED Hitch Light
- Outside Shower
- Outside Speakers
- High-Capacity Water Pump with Interior and Exterior Switch
- Extra Large 2-inch Fresh Water Drain Valve
- 30 pounds LP Bottles (2 units)
- Extended Pin Box
- Under Carriage Spare Tire and Carrier
- Battery Kill Switch in Pass Thru Storage Area
- Exterior Cable Hookup (Sidewall)
- 12 cubic feet Refrigerator (Forced) (except for 31MB)
- King Bed (for 310RDS, 320MKS, 337RLS, 340RDS, and 367BHS)
- 2nd A/C Low Profile 13,500 BTU Ducted
- Dual Pane Windows
- Free Standing Table with Storage Ottoman (except for 28BH and 31MB)
- 78-inch Theatre Seating IPO Booth Dinette (for 28BH only)
- 60-inch Tri-Fold IPO Theater Seating (except for 310RLS and 340RDS)
- 2nd Awning (Forced – 367BHS, 340RDS, 337RLS, 320MKS, 311BHS,and 303RLS) (Mandatory)
Key Specs of the Grand Design Reflection Fifth Wheel
You need to know the key specs if you don’t have the time, and you need to decide right away. Here are the key specs of all the floor plans of the Reflection Fifth Wheel:
|H. Wt., pounds||1,592||1,834||1,796||1872||2,197||2,040||2,090||2,042||2,499|
|Length||34′ 8″||36′ 2″||32′ 9″||34’||36′ 10″||34′ 8″||35′ 6″||36′ 11″||41′ 0″|
Full Specs of the Grand Design Reflection Fifth Wheel
The table below will give you the complete specs of the Grand Design Reflection 310RLS, 2021 model:
|Length||33 feet 10 inches|
|Exterior Height||12 feet 6 inches|
|Gross Weight||12,495 pounds|
|Dry Weight||10,190 pounds|
|Hitch Weight||1,872 pounds|
|Furnace BTU||35,000 btu|
|AC BTU||15,000 btu|
|TV Info||LR 40-inch HD LED TV on Swing Arm|
|Refrigerator Size||12 cubic feet|
|Shower Size||30 inches x 48 inches|
|Shower Type||Shower with Seat|
|Water Heater Type||Quick Recovery|
|Water Heater Capacity||6 gallons|
|Fresh Water Capacity||80 gallons|
|Grey Water Capacity||94 gallons|
|Black Water Capacity||47 gallons|
|LP Tank Capacity||30 pounds|
|Number of LP Tanks||2|
|Number of Awnings||1|
|Awning Info||20′ Electric with LED Lights|
|Electrical Service||50 amps|
Conclusion: Grand Design Reflection Fifth Wheel
The Reflection fifth wheels manufactured by Grand Design are designed to exceed customers’ expectations regarding quality and service. Their build quality can be compared to much more expensive RVs made by other brands.
Grand Design’s manufacturing approach has made the Reflection Fifth Wheel one of the top-selling RVs in North America. It is certainly worth your consideration if you are in the market for a fifth wheel.